Wednesday 20 August 2008

EAC




I entered a couple of pieces for the EAC Over 60s Art Awards. One is of a feather, the other of the Dalai Lama. Unsurprisingly neither of the pieces were accepted but, nil desperandum, I will try again next year. The pieces I entered are uploaded here. My friend Eileen, has got a piece accepted and we are going to take it up to London in a couple of weeks time.
So, its literally back to the drawing board!
Talking of which, I have been experimenting using graphite pencil on black paper. I know that sounds strange but the effects are quite interesting. You get a silvery effect which changes according to the light. You can also make changes using different types of pencil, hard pencils give a dull, dark effect whilst softer pencils give an increasingly lighter effect. I have uploaded the doodle I did using the technique.

No comments: