Saturday 23 May 2009

Moving On

Back in March I decided to delete this blog. My entries were very sporadic and, to my mind, not very interesting. I have just spent the last fortnight house sitting for my brother and I felt I wanted to carry on blogging, regardless of whether I had anything interesting to say or not.

I did think I would create a new blog page but could not come up with a better title than Carpe Diem - seize the day! So I am back.

A few days ago a UKCPS (United Kingdom Colour Pencil Society) member mentioned a blog sight called EDM (Every Day Matters) whose aim is to encourage creativity. Now, I know there is all manner of inspiration all around but sometimes you need something else...a pointer or something. I checked out and found amongst the files a list of over 200 different ideas for daily drawing challenges. These could easily be daily painting or any other media challenges (and not necessarily daily...I am not that organised!). Below is some of the subjects listed.

180 - Draw something in your favorite color
179 - Draw an onion
178 - Draw something red
177 - Draw a flag
176- Draw something summer
175 - Draw a basket and what it holds
174 - Draw a bridge
173 - Draw something from memory
172 - Draw something that sparkles
171 - Draw some ice cream
170 - Draw a zipper
169 - Draw a piece of cake
168 - Draw your daily newspaper
167 - Draw something that needs fixing
166 - Draw a fish
165 - Draw the front of your house, apartment bldg, condo, dorm etc.
164 - Draw a camera
163 - Draw a deck of cards
There are over 230 in total and I assume being added to so plenty of choice.
Let's see how it goes.

No comments: