Saturday 12 January 2008

Stencils



This week we cut stencils using special waxed paper. Once the drawing had been made on the waxed paper it had to be cut out using a craft knife which was time consuming and a bit uncomfortable on the index finger. I did my first stencilling using acrylic paint and a brush but it did not turn out too well so the one shown above was done using small pieces of sponge and acrylic paint. I have got another piece of waxed paper from Betty to use to make some stencils in my "tree" book. I have some ideas about how...possibly to depict oak timbers in Tudor buildings.
The other picture is of a papier mache ammonite that I made using a real ammonite as the template. The colour is various pearlescent acrylic paints rubbed on to the dry papier mache.

No comments: