Wednesday 29 December 2010

The Sketchbook Challenge

I have decided to have a go at The Sketchbook Challenge. Whether I manage to complete work each month is another matter but I will give it my best shot. I am thinking that instead of working in just one sketch book I will do single sheets for each month then make them up into individual books. I have an idea to make each month's book cover in a diiferent colour so that the resulting 12 (hopefully) volumes will have a rainbow look when collected together. That's the plan. The reality may be different.
Over the next 2 months I shall be working on my entry or entries for the EAC over60's art exhibition. I had a picture accepted for the last exhibition and hopefully I can repeat the performance. I plan to do a graphite drawing and a couple of colour pencil paintings.
In 2010 I had hoped to make a start on using alkyd oil paint but only got as far as purchasing the necessary material and gessoing some wood panels to paint on.

Looks like 2011 could be a busy year....I hope.

Happy New Year

1 comment:

Jane said...

Have fun with The Sketchbook Challenge Marion. A very Happy New Year to you and yours.