Sunday 25 July 2010

A year later.........

Well, over year since my last post. I had thought of starting a new blog but decided against it and decided to continue with Carpe Diem. I have been reading people's blogs over the past 12 months and decided to start up again. Many of the blogs I follow are of the work people are doing in colour and graphite pencil so I thought I would do the same. I also want to start doing some oil painting as well using the Old Master technique of glazes. I recently purchased a book by Arleta Pech called Radiant Oils which goes into the technique in some detail so watch this space.

On the coloured pencil front, I ave been scribbling away, practicing various techniques trying various pictures and consigning them to the bin. My latest piece, Pears and Grapes, escaped this fate and I decided to enter them into the Open Art Exhibition at St Barbe's Museum and Art Gallery in Lymington. Much to my surprise it was accepted. This has been a real boost and was partly why I decided to revive the blog.

I will try to post all my efforts with colour pencil (and oil) to show my progress.

This is my entry. It is done on off white Stonehenge paper using mainly Prismacolours and is 4" by 6".

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Congratulations on getting this piece accepted, well deserved the contrast is lovely. I can't imagine how long it must have taken to get that dark background so even.